Summer Showtime on The Coaling Jetty
IT’S SHOWTIME AT BATTERSEA POWER STATION!
Over the years Battersea Power Station has lent itself as a backdrop to many silver screen classics including, Alfred Hitchcock’s Sabotage, Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life and of course, Batman’s The Dark Night. The Power Station will once again be stepping into the limelight as the backdrop to Summer Showtime on The Coaling Jetty, London's most unique open-air cinema and theatre experience.
Taking place on the Grade II*-listed Coaling Jetty with amazing views of the River Thames and Battersea Power Station, Summer Showtime will run from Friday 21st August – Sunday 20th September. The open-air event will feature performances from The Turbine Theatre and screening’s from boutique cinema operator, Archlight Cinema, both of which can usually be found under the iconic railway arches in Circus West Village.
For the Theatre-Lovers
From musical performances from West End Rock, to productions of HAIR directed by renowned choreographer and Strictly Come Dancing judge, Arlene Phillips and family-friendly Horrible Histories, The Turbine Theatre has something for everyone in its Summer Showtime line-up.
For the Film-Fanatics
Enjoy classics including Back to the Future, La La Land and Dirty Dancing, as well as family-friendly hits Paddington 2, Frozen and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
Food & Drink
From the pop-up huts on The Coaling Jetty to our amazing restaurants in Circus West Village, there is plenty to choose from. Please note, only food and beverages purchased from Battersea Power Station retailers and the huts will be allowed on the jetty.
The Coaling Jetting Huts:
- Craft beer from resident brewers Battersea Brewery
- Frosé and wine from Vagabond Wines
- Popcorn and sweets from Archlight Cinema.
Other Special Summer Showtime Offers:
Many of our restaurants are also taking part in ‘Eat Out to Help Out’, see who's taking part here.
Tickets are sold in groups of two and four. For the cinema screenings, seating is on a first come first serve basis, according to your ticket type. Theatre shows have allocated seating.
We will be running competitions throughout Summer Showtime on The Coaling Jetty to win a range of prizes. This week we are giving away a Boom Cycle class for you and a friend! Follow @batterseapwrstn to ensure you don’t miss these exciting announcements and to find our competition post. Full terms and conditions available here.
How To Get Here
Find out the best transport options here.
How We Are Keeping You Safe
To ensure your safety we will be introducing a number of measures including hand sanitisation units, temperature checks, one-way systems, increased cleaning regimes and socially distant seating. Please do not come to the screening if you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19. If you feel unwell, stay home and contact your ticket provider to arrange a ticket exchange. By purchasing a ticket to Summer Showtime on The Coaling Jetty you consent to your contact details being used for COVID-19 contact tracing if required for the sole purpose of yours and other’s safety.
To find out more about how we are keeping you safe when you visit Battersea Power Station, click here.
1. There will be a box office located at the entrance of the jetty where you will need to show your ticket to check-in and receive your wrist band. The box office will be open one hour before each show. Only those with wrist bands will be allowed on the jetty during and between shows and screenings. All other times the jetty will be open to the public (excluding during cleaning).
2. Smoking, bikes and glass are not allowed on the jetty.
3. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
4. Please respect social distancing rules and the one-way system that will be clearly marked while on the jetty. The seating will be laid out to allow social distancing from those in other groups, please only share seating with those from your household or your support bubble. The moving of chairs is strictly prohibited, if your party has been split across pitches you unfortunately will not be able to merge your seating. All tickets include a chair to sit on whilst you are with us. Please do not bring additional seats or large tables as you will not be able to erect them onsite.
5. We want to ensure everyone enjoys the shows so please keep noise during the performances and screenings to a minimum or you may be asked to leave.
6. In the event of bad weather the event will still go ahead. Please check the weather forecast in advance and be prepared. Umbrellas will not be permitted during shows and screenings to ensure the viewing pleasure of others.
7. The sale of alcohol will be monitored by our retailers who will operate a challenge 25 policy and will not serve to those intoxicated or below 18.
8. Please use the provided hand sanitisation unit upon entry and exit of the jetty. Your temperature will be checked upon check-in at the Box Office. If we assess (at our sole discretion) that your temperature is 37.8C or higher, you and those who were to be part of your fixed group of tickets will not be allowed to enter the venue and the face value of your tickets swapped to another screening, or the face value will be returned to you via a gift card at Archlight Cinema or the Turbine Theatre. Information about your temperature is not retained in any way
For any questions about this event, email email@example.com.