15 December 2017
BATTERSEA POWER STATION FIGHTS FOOD WASTE
Battersea Power Station has become the first destination to sign up to the Evening Standard’s Christmas Appeal to raise money in support of Streetsmart and The Felix Project, charities seeking to reduce food waste and food poverty across London.
A host of new restaurants at Circus West Village, the first element of the regeneration of Battersea Power Station, will add a discretionary £1 to every diner's bill this Christmas, with the money going directly to the two charities.
Participating restaurants include:
- No. 29 Power Station West – the village pub run by neighbourhood bar group Darwin & Wallace
- Mother – an Italian pizza restaurant from Copenhagen
- Fiume – Italian restaurant led by renowned chef Francesco Mazzei
- Wright Brothers – a seafood restaurant which opened this month (December)
- Pedler Cru – all-day neighbourhood eatery opening soon
- The CoffeeWorks Project – independent speciality coffee house opening before Christmas
In addition, other businesses at Battersea Power Station taking part in the initiative include:
- Boom Cycle – the spin studio will donate £1 from the sale of every Christmas shake to the cause
- The Battersea General Store will donate any leftover, unused produce to The Felix Project for distribution among local charities
Helen Carr, Leasing Director F&B and Leisure at Battersea Power Station Development Company, said: “As one of London’s newest food destinations, home to a selection of independent neighbourhood restaurants, cafes and businesses, we are thrilled to be able to support this worthwhile cause.”
The Malaysian shareholders of the Battersea Power Station project are committed to giving back to the communities in which they operate. They recognise the importance of creating shared value and this is embedded in all their undertakings to ensure that they contribute to building a harmonious and caring community.
Follow @batterseapwrstn for the latest news and updates from Battersea Power Station and visit batterseapowerstation.co.uk for more information.See all news